The Bergen Performing Arts Middle launched a $15 million capital marketing campaign earlier this yr to fund main renovations and restorations on the venue, up to now elevating $10 million towards that aim.
Bergen County Govt James Tedesco and bergenPAC introduced the closing of a $5.6 million sale of income bonds Could 19. Along with $4 million that has already been raised from non-public donors, the historic theater is now $5 million from its aim.
Based on the announcement, the bonds have been issued by the Bergen County Enchancment Authority. The county’s contribution was introduced when the funding was initiated in March.
bergenPAC is ready for updates, together with:
- A brand new LED marquee
- New theater seats, carpeting and stage
- The refurbishment of the theater’s inside decorative components
- An enhancement of the its state-of-the-art sound system
- The addition of extra mezzanine-level loos
- An expanded foyer and bars
- Redesigned and ADA-compliant field workplace home windows
- Enhancements for The Performing Arts Faculty’s dance and recording studios
- Enhanced membership applications, with unique facilities for brand new and present patrons
- A premier present lighting system to satisfy at this time’s trade requirements
- Superior audio/video system and upgraded know-how all through the entire theater
“The County of Bergen is proud to help the humanities and accomplice with the bergenPAC board of trustees on this main renovation which is able to present wanted upgrades to the power, notice cost-savings, and additional the power’s mission of offering a house for youth to be educated within the arts and to current a variety of reside leisure for the group,” Tedesco mentioned in a press release.
BergenPAC additionally plans to increase its Performing Arts Faculty programming, together with with immersion alternatives — like these created for particular wants college students and younger adults, and funding for public faculty particular assemblies.
Work on the theater started in March and the venue expects to reopen this fall, with a number of exhibits — Artwork Garfunkel in October and Lewis Black the subsequent month, for instance — already booked. Within the meantime, it’ll supply programming from Westfield Backyard Plaza in Paramus all through the spring and summer season.
“The closing of the bond sale is a celebration for everybody, from patrons that may get pleasure from excellent performances in a world-class venue with new facilities; to the scholars that may expertise the enjoyment of acting on the massive stage; to the skilled performers themselves, who will marvel on the new cutting-edge sound system and lighting,” mentioned Robert Cook dinner, founding trustee and chairman of the board for bergenPAC.